Hidden Barcelona – Private Walking Tour
Explore Barcelona’s iconic sites and hidden locations. Walk the back streets of the Gothic Quarter, admire churches, explore markets, and visit gourmet shops to sample local delicacies. End at a bar to try some typical pintxos and txacoli Basque wine.
Take a half-day walking tour of Barcelona and get to know some of the city’s iconic sites and surprising places. The 4-hour private tour takes the back streets, where you can admire Gothic churches, explore local markets, and pop into gourmet shops to sample local delicacies.
Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter dates back to Roman times. Departing from Plaça del Pi, the itinerary uncovers hidden corners, where you will learn what the stones can tell you about kings and knights from medieval times, and even when the Roman Empire first created Barcino.
Admire the Gothic Santa Maria del Mar, considered by many to be Barcelona’s most beautiful church. Explore Montcada Street, location for the Picasso Museum and Textile Museum. Pass great bars like the tapas joint, La Xampanyeria, and find yourself squeezed in among a bustling crowd of Barcelonans on their lunch break.
Continue to El Call, the former Jewish neighborhood until the community was expelled from Spain. Cross the ancient Roman road of Via Laietana to the fishermen’s quarter of El Born, and end the tour tasting delicious Basque pintxos and typical txacoli Basque wine.
• Private guide
• Lunch of 6 pintxos and 2 drinks (choose from cider, txacoli, red wine, beer, water, or soft drink)
• Visit to the cloister of Barcelona Cathedral
• Ardiaca’s House and Santa Maria del Mar Church
Good to Know:
• The walking tour commences at 09:30 and lasts 4 hours
• Please advise of any food allergies or special diets
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Please note that if the tour is cancelled in the event of bad weather, alternative dates will be suggested
• Tour is 100% refundable if cancelled at least 8 days before tour date. A 50% refund will be allowed if tour is cancelled between 4 and 7 days prior to tour date. Less than 3 days cancellation, tour will be charged at full cost
• Booking must be done at least 3 days before the tour date