Barcelona: Free 2.5-Hour Walking Tour
See Barcelona’s sights and hidden gems on a free 2.5-hour walking tour. Let your guide bring the Gothic Quarter’s Roman ruins and medieval squares to life, and learn about avant-garde Picasso, Dali, and Gaudi for free in Catalonia’s hedonistic capital.
Experience the best that Barcelona has to offer on a fun-filled tour of the city’s sights.
See the Roman ruins and medieval squares in the Gothic Quarter, and visit Europe’s oldest synagogue. Learn about the bohemian lives of Picasso, Dali, and of course, Antoni Gaudi. Step back in time, and learn the history of the Spanish Inquisition, Christopher Columbus and the Spanish Civil War.
A native-English speaking, long-time resident of Barcelona will open your eyes to the beauty and mystery surrounding this great city. After the tour you’ll be able to take a seat at the Travel Bar, enjoy a €1 drink, and make new friends with your fellow travelers.
• Local guide
• Hotel pick-up from selected partners
• Travel advice for your stay in Barcelona
What’s Not Included:
• Food and drinks
• Toilet breaks
• Hotel pick-up and drop off
• Entrance fees to monuments
Good to Know:
• The tour is free, but your passionate and knowledgeable guide will work very hard to help you feel that the tour was worth something. Please feel free to show your appreciation for their work by giving a tip.
• The tour covers about 3 km (1.7 miles) and has about 20 stops, mostly in squares. There is actually a lot more talking than walking involved.
• This is not a scripted tour. Your guide tries to make each tour unique so that no tour is the same. Each tour will vary, within some set boundaries, depending on the weather, the day of the week, the time of the year, and most of all depending on your guide.
• All guides are long time residents of Barcelona. Their backgrounds and nationalities are all different but they share the same love and passion for the city, the region, and its people; you will notice this on your tour.